I have heard a lot of myths about podcasting, from potential and current podcasters alike. And after coaching many of these same podcasters I’ve seen first hand, just how many of these myths have been holding them back from creating or growing their show. So today on the podcast I’m debunking 5 Myths About Podcasting in hope that they will no longer hold you back and keep you from creating & growing your podcast.
Myth 1: You have to have big download numbers to monetize your podcast or have an impact on your listeners.
Myth 2: You have to be Tech Savvy in order to start a podcast.
If you do consider yourself a Non-Techie. I want to invite you to my FREE Training, The Non-Techies Training to Start a Podcast. In this training you will:
- Become familair with common podcasting terminology
- Learn the equipment you’ll need to podcast – without breaking the bank- and why you’ll need it.
- Understand what a hosting provider does and how to choose the right one for your podcasting needs.
- Discover the various recording software for both remote and in-person recording & determine which recording software is the best choice for you.
- Learn the different options when it comes to editing and post production.
Myth 3: Podcasting is Expensive.
Myth 4: Podcasting takes A LOT of time.
Myth 5: You have to have a designated place such as, an office or studio place, in order to podcast.
I hope that this episode encourages you to overcome these myths and start your own podcast today!
JOIN THE PARTY ON FACEBOOK!
Consider this your invitation to join The Podcasting Party Community Group on FB. I share podcasting Tips every Tuesday. It’s a great place to collaborate with other podcasters and learn more about creating, growing, and monetizing your podcast.