Is one of your goals to start a podcast in 2020?
Or perhaps your goal is to grow and monetize your podcast in 2020?
If you’ve been thinking about starting a podcast there is no better time than today!
Did you know that according to Psychology Today 80% of New Year’s resolutions fail by February? In fact most resolutions don’t last past the first month.
So chances are if you’ve made a New Year’s goal to start a podcast, it probably won’t happen.
Not according to statics BUT I want to change that. I want to help you so that you ARE part of the 20% who reaches that goal and meets their resolution. And creates an impactful podcast. And that’s what I exactly what we’re going to do today.
Are you ready? Good. Let’s jump in.
But first want to tell you my story. You see, I once thought I had all the time in the world. As a military spouse, and mama to two little girls I made all kinds of excuses. Maybe you’ve said them too:
- I’ll do that when the kids are older.
- I’ll step into that role when we have more money.
- I’ll pursue that dream when I have more time.
The list went on and one. That is until December 2015 when I suffered from a Bi-lateral Pulmonary Emboli (blood clots in both my lungs). I realized that none of us have a guarantee of tomorrow let alone someday. So I vowed then and there to step into my God-given gifts and passions, and start pursuing them. To be a good steward of my time and talents.
So I had to make it a priority, and so will you. Until we say commit to it, it will never be important enough for you to make time/money for it.
Your obviously are further ahead than most because you’re here, bravo!
3 Ways to Achieve Your 2020 Goals…And you can do them right now!
1. Once you’ve decided it’s a priority put it on your schedule. WRITE IT DOWN.
Create a vision board, or scheduled it out on your calendar, but put the pen to paper according to a Harvard study, those who write down their goals are 42% more likely to achieve them!
2. Tell someone. You don’t have to post on social media, though you could. Or shout from the rooftops but tell your spouse or best friend. Get it out there into the world. Make your intentions known.
According to that same study, those who tell someone their goal is 64% more likely to achieve it! Isn’t that amazing!
3. Schedule time with that person to hold you accountable. If you don’t have someone in your life to meet with you about it. Then come join The Podcasting Party’s NEW Community Group. It’s a casual and kind place for those of us who believe that we have a message to share, a story to tell, and that message and story matters. Not only does it matter but this community believes that delivering that message via a podcast does NOT have to be stressful, overwhelming, or frustrating. No, we believe that podcasting is ONE BIG PARTY!
The Podcasting Party Community is a place where ALL podcasters belong: Potential Podcasters, Beginner Podcasters, Seasoned Podcasters. We believe that there is room for everyone at the party. In fact, we believe the party is better with each and everyone of us here.
Not only do I post tips/resources and answer YOUR questions but it will give you an opportunity to collaborate with fellow podcasters.
Now this will blow your mind, those who meet with an accountability partner to talk about the progress they are making, working toward their goal is 95% more likely to achieve their goal! 95%!!
There is no better time to start a podcast then today, I truly believe that. There are more resources available to help those wanting to start, grow or monetize a podcast then ever before. We have the unique opportunity no other time period has ever had to impact and influence a generation.
Are you ready? I am! It’s YOUR year! Let’s launch, grow and monetize your podcast. And you can start today by:
- Writing down your goal.
- Telling someone about your goal.
- Meet with someone to talk about the progress you’re making while working toward your goal.
Links in this Episode
Episode 3: How to start a podcast under $100
Episode 7: Create a Clear Vision for Your Podcast