I am crazy about gifts that do double-duty. Gifts that are not only thoughtful and well-made, but gifts that give back in some way. I love supporting companies and people that don’t simply create good products but that do good. Last year I complied my favorite gifts that giveback. I had such a blast with that list, I decided to create one again this year .Here are my five favorite gifts of the season. Several of these gifts give back in unique ways.
1. 4 Things Tote from The Shop Forward. I knew the moment I saw this tote that it would make a perfect Christmas gift. Each tote is customizable with four favorite things. It’s a natural colored canvas top with black bottom and measures 18″ x 14″ x 4”. And perhaps the best part of this gift is that proceeds from this tote bag goes to a Haitian Orphanage. I am giving these to several people this year. What 4 favorite things will you put on your tote?
2. Strong is the New Pretty. This book by Kate T. Parker is so very lovely. I first saw it at the Ninja Gym where my oldest had her birthday party. I knew within minutes this book would make the perfect gift for any girl (or woman for that matter). With 175 powerful photographs, girls are depicted as themselves and I couldn’t help but smile and giggle throughout. It also comes as a 2018 calendar. Both the book and calendar are under $20.
3. Interlock Cross Necklace. I have been looking for a simple, delicate cross necklace for awhile now and I finally found this one from Stella and Dot. The cross is integrated into the chain and can be worn by itself or layered with other pieces. It comes in gold or silver and has the option of an extender to wear longer. It is also very reasonably priced at $59. It’s on my wishlist and I’ve got my fingers crossed that I get it. Though Stella & Dot doesn’t have a direct giving campaign it is run by independent consultants and anytime I can support a small business and in return a family, I see that as giving back. Win, win.
4. Cuddle and Kind Dolls. Cuddle and Kind made my list last year too. For every cuddle+kind doll sold, they give 10 meals to children in need. Their goal is to provide one million meals a year. And this year they have already met that goal. Every doll is lovingly handcrafted by incredible women artisans in Peru, providing them with a sustainable, fair trade income. I purchased Zoe the Unicorn for my daughter’s birthday and I can’t say enough about how cute and soft this adorable doll is. Unfortunately, Zoe is sold out but there are all kinds of other adorable dolls.
5. Badass Mom Tote by Studio G Co. Quite possibly my favorite gift of the season. I found this tote, and Lisa, at a craft fair in Idaho while visiting family over Thanksgiving. I was first drawn to Lisa’s booth by her adorable and inspiring “Carpe the diem” print. It had me laughing out loud but also saying, “i need this!”. Then I spotted her Badass Mom bags and I literally could have bought them all. Because I know so many Badass Moms. And what mom doesn’t need that reminder as they’re pulling through the carpool lane or cleaning throw up off the carpet. Again, Studio G Co. doesn’t have a direct giving campaign but it’s a small business with talented woman behind it. Go buy bags for all your people. They need them and at $16 it’s super affordable!